Thursday, December 23, 2010

My New Obsession - Kanzashi!

While doing a little online holiday shopping at Amazon, this book found it's way into my cart. Now how did that happen? I guess it was just a Christmas miracle. Wink, wink.

Anyway - Kanzashi! Are you familiar with this ancient Japanese craft? I just discovered it and I am IN LOVE.


The technique involves folding small squares of fabric (much like origami), then hand sewing the petals together to create a sweet little flower. You then finish them off with a button or other embellishment. So cute!


There are tutorials for this craft all over the web. If you google "kanzashi" you'll be surprised at what you find. And if you want more instruction, I highly recommend the aforementioned book that showed up on my doorstep a few days ago. My mind is spinning with future project ideas using these flowers that are famous for gracing the heads of geisha.


I can't wait to see that hair clip on my little one.

Once again - while I should be doing Christmas related chores, I am happily folding, pinning and sewing kanzashi blooms.

My name is Erin and I am a craftaholic.

See you real soon.

1 comment: