Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cross Wall Art

We had our baby girl baptized last weekend. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ceremony. Madalyn wore a christening gown that has been in the family for many generations. It was truly special. At some point over the course of the weekend, I realized that I hadn't done anything to commemorate the day. So I decided to make a simple cross wall hanging for Maddy's room.


I really like the simplicity of it. It's sort of sweet and charming. It is a basic quilt block backed with some high-loft batting that I taped to a mat and framed. I used a Pottery Barn frame designed to be hung with a ribbon.

To dress up the nail from which the ribbon hangs, I simply glue-gunned a pink button to the nail head. This is a really easy project and I'm hoping to post a tutorial in the near future for any of you that might like to try this for yourself or someone you know (would make a darling christening gift!). You could use any combination of print fabrics or even use multiple solids or just one print or solid for a different look. The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment