Thursday, October 14, 2010

Random Thoughts and a Family Portrait Session

Good morning.  I've been up all night working on a quilt for a friend's baby.  I love how quiet it is around our house in the middle of the night.  It's really the only time I can get a solid chunk of time to work on my sewing and quilting.  I find that I just can't make real progress when I only work for an hour here or there.  I'll show you some photos of the quilt tomorrow.  I'm calling it "The Snowball Quilt" and you'll see why.  I started a very time consuming quilting process and once I started, I just couldn't stop.

So - yesterday was a big day for my blog!  Thank you to Ohdeedoh for posting my Fussy Cut Wall Art Tutorial.  What a thrill to see my work on one of my favorite blogs!  If you aren't familiar with Ohdeedoh, go check it out!  You'll love it.

And what a day for our world!  It was also a thrill to see the 33 trapped miners in Chile rescued.  Thank you, God.  Miracles happen!

This past Saturday the lovely and talented Francesca Madden of Francesca Madden Photography did a portrait session for my family. We chose North Avenue Beach in Chicago as our location and the backdrop could not have been more spectacular.  It was a beautiful day here and Francesca captured some wonderful images of my little ones.  I managed to grab this quick shot of Daniel with my own camera.


You can see a sneak peek of our photo session on Francesca's blog here. There's something about seeing these pictures of my kiddos that makes me fall in love with them all over again.  Thank you, Francesca!

No comments:

Post a Comment