Sunday, November 21, 2010

Making Lots of Changes to the Blog

Oh my. What a tangled web (no pun intended!) we weave. You may have noticed that I've made a few changes to the blog design. It all started with a little tweak to my html code to make the background this lovely shade of green. Then I decided I needed to go to a three-column design (more tweaking) and now I'm having fun working with the header. These little changes are a slippery slope. As soon as I learn to do something, I want to learn everything! I have spent much of my weekend surfing the web looking for tutorials on making changes to my minima template (minima indeed!) in Blogger. Those of you who use this great service know that it is wonderful but comes with it's design challenges. The good news is that I've discovered relatively easy fixes to some of the style dilemmas but it took some searching, some time and some courage to get into the code (still looks like Greek to me) and just do it.

So please bear with me as my blog look changes from moment to moment. That enormous picture of Maddy will not be up there forever (although it is one of my favorites). At the moment, I am learning to make a photo collage banner with picasa (awesome tutorial here). I'm thrilled to have found this bit of wisdom as I was convinced you needed photoshop or some other fancy software to create the wonderful collages we see on all of those glossy blogs out there. I'm hoping to change my banner with the seasons. We'll see how it goes!

I'd love to get your thoughts. Do you like the new design? And if you are a fellow blogger, are you going through the same angst with your template / design that I am? It's quite a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment