Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rosette Picture Frame

OK.  I promise this will be my last rosette post for a while.  I really want to get into the holiday spirit and shift my sewing focus from projects for my kids to projects for the home for the holidays.  Now that turkey day is just one week away, I think it's time I get into the fall / winter / holiday spirit.

But in the meantime, I couldn't resist applying some of my little roses to a picture frame for Maddy's room.


This was a very basic, white wood, 8" x 10" frame that I bought at Joann a while back for $4.98.  It was so basic and was knicked in several places.  I just couldn't bring myself to use this frame in her room and even considered getting rid of it in favor of something a little fancier.

And then... this happened.


I'll admit that this project took some time but it was sooooo much fun.  I had such a blast that I actually purchased some 4" x 6" frames at Target yesterday for a whopping $1.99 a piece and have a similar fate in mind for them.  Something tells me that my little nieces will be getting rosette picture frames for Christmas.


So that's what I've been up to.  

Now I'm off to drink some apple cider, maybe even put on some Christmas-y tunes (already???) and get my holiday on.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment