Monday, January 3, 2011

Birthday Wrap Up

It's been a very busy time in my house. Christmas, houseguests, New Year's, my daughter's birthday, my birthday... and now a few days of quiet before my in-laws arrive. We've had such a blast, though, and there are lots more good times on the horizon.

Just wanted to share a few shots from Maddy's birthday. It was a very small and casual party but I think my little girl had a ton of fun.

Here are the cupcakes complete with toppers...



They were so yummy! I'm not much of a frosting gal, but I used this recipe and I think I licked the entire bowl. This will be my go-to recipe from now on. Yum, yum, yum.

Of course, no first birthday (especially one on 1-1-11) would be complete without a "1" t-shirt.


And to close, here's a shot of my two favorite small people...


Happy Birthday Madalyn! What a great year it's been.

I'm off to do some of my favorite January tasks... cleaning closets and organizing drawers. More on that later. 

Hope your new year is off to a great start!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Madalyn, love the photo of the pair of cuties. Hope you all had a lovely day, the cakes look scrumcious. Im liking the new page picture headings. Hope you all had a lovely christmas, Happy New year xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ops sorry Happy Birthday to you as well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sarah! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year as well.

    ReplyDelete