Friday, February 11, 2011

Funny, Funny Story

Good morning! Hope you're doing well. As I type, there is a gi-normous cup of coffee next to me. I'm really, really tired today. I've just come out of a crazy productive period and I think I've hit a wall. Does this happen to you? I go through these phases... sometimes days at a time... sometimes weeks at a time... when I'm hyper-inspired. My brain is just filled with ideas and I can't turn it off. When this happens to me, insomnia sets is. The night before last, I only slept for two hours. Ugh! I just have these wild spurts of energy and I have to create. I'll share a couple of projects with you next week.

In the meantime, I thought a sweet, funny story would be good for a Friday. Especially one like this when I just need to veg and not think too much about sewing, designing, or creating. I know you'll appreciate this one...

We bought a sweet little Fisher Price dollhouse for Maddy for Christmas. She likes it but her older brother simply adores it. We sort of knew that would happen. He's three and-a-half and "pretend play" is pretty big in his repertoire right now. So he plays with the little mom and dad and baby that came with the house and they have little conversations and sit down to meals, etc. etc.


The other night, hubby and I were enjoying a well-deserved glass of wine at the end of a long day and were sort of casually chatting, opening mail, etc. Daniel was playing with the house. We were half-listening to his interaction with the little people and here's what I overheard.

"Now the daddy and the baby are having dinner. But there's no mama here."

So my husband asked the logical question... "Where's the mama?"

And Daniel said "She had to go get some fabric."

(!!!!!!!)

He was so matter-of-fact about it and that was the last thing I was expecting him to say. I burst into hysterical laughter as I realized how far my addiction had gone.

Just goes to show the little ones are paying very close attention. So watch what you do, say, and stash (fabric joke).

Ha ha. Out of the mouths of babes.

I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend.

6 comments:

  1. ROFL! That is so cute! I was not at all expecting that one-liner! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I like that! Do you usually fabric shop online or in person?

    ReplyDelete
  3. TOO FUNNY! Kids know this stuff I guess. :)
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The creative process for me has always been it seems,when I have no time to create I come up with tons of ideas.I always think I will remember the idea and keep that spark for it. Then when time comes available I sit as if I hadn't a thought in my head Urrghh!
    I make toys for boys mostly( all boys in my world) all designed around the one item I fear is becoming unpopular their imagination.
    I love your blog and will be back for a longer visit soon.Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of your sweet comments!

    Hopewell Creek - I'm the same way! So many ideas but VERY little time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe I did this xD

    ReplyDelete