Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Hearts Day!

Hi there. Happy Valentine's Day to you! I hope you're having a lovely day celebrating all of the wonderful people in your life.

Things are good here although I'm feeling a bit "off." I'm not sure if it's the time of year or what but I'm a little scattered. I've been sewing and crafting like crazy but I don't feel organized enough to post about my projects. I haven't been sleeping well and I'm trying to make sense of all the craziness in my brain. There are just too many ideas and too little time. Does this happen to you too? Any advice? Maybe I need to do yoga or something. :-)

Anyway - in other big news, my little girl is officially walking (tears in my eyes as I type this). This might be one of the biggest reasons that I've been a bit melancholy. I'm so happy for her and she is ecstatic about her new skill, but I'm feeling very sad about it. She's getting so big and is changing on a daily basis. I just want her to stay little with those chubby legs and chipmunk cheeks. Oh why do they have to grow up??? I'll share a picture of Miss Maddy walking soon but in the meantime, here's a little Valentine's Day prettiness that makes me happy even though I'm a little sad.


I found this fun project over at Under the Sycamore. Aren't those heart chains adorable?


I simply cut hearts of various sizes from a book of vintage love poetry I've had since my college days and sewed them together. I have to admit it was VERY hard for me to cut a book (books are sacred to me) but I haven't even glanced at that book in over a decade and I'm appreciating its pages much more now that they're hanging in my front window.


Pretty, pretty.

So that's it for today. I wish you lots of love and peace this Valentine's Day.

Be back soon...

1 comment: