Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Snow Day and a Work in Progress

Wow! The weather professionals weren't kidding! 20 inches and counting. It snowed ALL NIGHT LONG. And it's been snowing all day so far. Earlier this morning, my husband dug a little path in front of our home and the walls of snow on either side were at least four-feet-tall. And then it dumped some more snow... so much so that he's going to have to spend another hour shoveling this afternoon.

But we're making the most of it. Daniel got to go outside and play in the white stuff during a short break in the blizzard.



Pure joy for a three and-a-half-year-old.


Daniel got to do something he loves and I had a few minutes to do something that I love this morning.


This is a miniature version of the scrappy tumbling blocks quilt I made for Maddy. This one is for my husband's cousin's baby girl. I'm soooooo late with this one! I'm embarrassed to admit that she was born in early November. I'm such a flake!


I'm just hoping the saying "better late than never" is really true. Do people believe that? I hope so!


It feels so good to quilt. I honestly love the whole process but don't do it nearly as often as I'd like. 


I still have to finish the quilting and binding on this one. I'm on a roll now and think I should have it wrapped up soon.

Is it snowing where you are? If so - Happy Snow Day to you!

I'll be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment