Monday, February 21, 2011

Thinking About Art

Hi! How was your weekend? Ours was good. Things are pretty dusty (and messy) around here with our construction. But work is progressing nicely and we should have our kids moved into their new rooms in the next few weeks.

With all of this moving around of rooms, I've been doing some thinking about the new decorating challenges and opportunities I'll be facing. Our guest room will be moving downstairs to the room our son is currently occupying. I never really got around to buying or making anything cute for the walls in that particular room.

So I threw this together on a whim a few days ago...


I've been wanting to use fabric on canvas for a really long time now. I think there's a collage artist in me somewhere and I have some ideas for future pieces. 

I found a charm pack at Joann in the colors / patterns that I liked and then sewed them together and simply wrapped and staple-gunned around an 11" x 14" canvas.


The fabrics are quite thin (not like the luxurious designer stuff) but it doesn't really matter. I don't intend to launder this piece of patchwork.

I'm hoping to make a few more and maybe even add a little embroidery or applique to jazz them up a bit.

What are you up to today?

2 comments:

  1. The canvas looks great. What a good use for lovely fabric which is less sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! So simple yet very pretty! I always come across charm packs that I like. I might have to try this out! I even have a canvas board waiting for something :)

    ReplyDelete