Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pillow Talk

Hello! How's it going?

We're still covered in dust but are soooo happy with the way our new little rooms are turning out. If I can get up there with my camera today, I'll share some photos soon.

Despite the chaos, I've been working on pillow covers for some old pillows I had lying around (hence my new spring blog header). Anyone who knows me well knows that I have a slight obsession with making pillow covers. They're just so easy and can really transform your whole room. I think pillows are the best way to add color, pattern and texture without making a huge commitment to any of those things.

I had been scouring flickr looking for inspiration a few weeks ago (check my favorites to see what inspires me). I took the best of maybe three or four different designs and came up with these...


I added a little pleated border to the pinwheel-y pillow just for fun and to see what it would look like. I think I like the added texture.


These are meant to coordinate with my would-be quilt with embroidered flower centers. I imagine it will be a long, long time before I'm showing that one off on my blog.


But pillow covers are relatively quick and painless. I did some straight-line square quilting around the center of each pillow.


The little man is in love.


Just a cute shot of his feet. Boy needs a pedicure!


Come to think of it, so do I! 

What are you up to today?

5 comments:

  1. Love the new cushions and your Spring blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the post with the quilt blocks and I just adore the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree Erin the colours are gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pinwheel-y pillow cover. Do you ever make & sell these?

    ReplyDelete