Monday, February 7, 2011

A Quilt for Baby Will

Hi there. I hope you had a good weekend! I spent the vast majority of it locked in my sewing room. How great is that? My hubby was kind enough to do the lion's share of the work with the kids so that I could play catch up with my sewing projects.

I finally finished this quilt that has been in the works for a loooooong time.


This quilt was made for a sweet little baby boy who I got to meet for the first time yesterday. I chose the fabrics and patterns to match his nursery. Per my usual - I added his name using my embroidery machine.


I used a very basic patchwork pattern for the piecing and straight lines for the quilting. There are times when I like to experiment and go wild and there are other times when I think simple is best.


I wanted the quilt to be appropriate for a baby but also have a sophisticated feel.


To package the quilt I folded, rolled and tied with a ribbon and my care tag left over from my working girl days.

What are you up to this week? Gearing up for Valentine's Day? How is it that holidays are so sneaky? I never seem to be quite ready for them. I did do a little Valentine's related sewing over the weekend, though, and I'll share photos tomorrow.

Hope your Monday is off to a good start.

2 comments: